Sunday 10 January 2016

Christmas card club challenge 1....Festive food

this was my choice for the challenge ....festive food...so many smells and taste evoke the memories of christmas as a child, the mandarin orange in the toe of my stocking ,my Dad roasting chestnuts on a shovel on the fire..eat me dates remember those?...stirring the christmas pudding and Mum adding a splash of brandy....taking the christmas cake out of the oven and the whole house smelling of christmas spices....so many lovely memories...
My card features one of my favorites mince pies....


I have used a Makey Bakey decoupage from the christmas CD mounted on a spellbinder die....Holly background, and cut extra poinsettias for the corners...the papers are print from the CD and embossed with Sue Wilson holly swirls embossing folder and gilding wax rubbed over ...the sentiment is an LOTV grunge christmas one.....finished with a silky crush bow .....
My first card of 2016....have to admit it has been nice having a break over christmas but I am ready to craft again....
Do pop round the other girls blog and see their wonderful creations,the list is on my side bar.

13 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Those mince pies look scrummy Margaret! Great card. Hugs Christine xx

Gibmiss said...

What a fabulous card Margaret... Love the look of those mince pies....
Enjoy your day
Hugs Sylvie xx

Zoe Tant said...

ooh yummy mince pieces on a very sweet card. Great challenge Margaret thank you. Zx

Barb said...

I'm visiting from Mo's blog. Your card looks really yummy! What a beautiful festive bow. Barbxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous theme this time Margaret. Your mince pies look so delicious and lovely in 3D, a wonderful card.
Lorraine

Birgit said...

This looks so good...good enough to eat! I love the background you did and the bow just sets it off. When you mentioned your mom added a bit of brandy, it reminded me of a Christmas card I bought in the late 70's and my brother still has it. It is a large card, bright pink. She is writing her friends while making cookies and having some wine. By the end, her writing is all blotchy and funny because she kept having more wine-hahahaaa. I know your mom didn't do that but it reminded me of this. Nothing is better than something baked at home

cuilliesocks said...

WOW!! Margaret what a luxurious card, I love the image and the gold theme is beautiful, your bow is fabulous, Kate x

Mrs A. said...

What a scrumptious card this is. I love the colours and as for that bow it is devine. Can you just take your eye of it for a moment so I can nick it!!Lol. Thanks for a great idea which really had me scratching my head as to what I could produce. Hugs Mrs A.

Unknown said...

This is simply gorgeous Margaret. Love the richness of the backing papers and as for that bow, so very pretty.

Hugs.

Karendipity xxx

Sandy said...

Oh yum - talk about a yummy Christmas card - this hits the spot!
sandy xx

scrappymo! said...

This is a stunningcard, Margaret. I still bake mincemeat tarts and this image brought back more fond memories. I always made the pastry for my Mum since I was about 13...she hated that task. I still have the wee pastry cutter i used on the tops of my tarts from way back then!

So glad to be back to club. I have next fortnights card made already. You have inspired me with your gorgeous layered card!

scrappymo! said...

This is a stunningcard, Margaret. I still bake mincemeat tarts and this image brought back more fond memories. I always made the pastry for my Mum since I was about 13...she hated that task. I still have the wee pastry cutter i used on the tops of my tarts from way back then!

So glad to be back to club. I have next fortnights card made already. You have inspired me with your gorgeous layered card!

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Margaret, your bow is beautiful. Great theme to start off the new year. Carol x